Webinar series on the technological, military and legal aspects of lethal autonomous weapon systems
The United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research (UNIDIR) and United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs (UNODA) are pleased to invite you to a series of three webinars exploring technological, military and legal aspects of Lethal Autonomous Weapon Systems (LAWS). The purpose of each webinar would be to provide analysis on issues pertaining to technological, military and legal aspects of LAWS, through an interactive dialogue between expert speakers and participants.
To ensure that the webinars achieve their objective, in addition to the traditional Q&A time reserved for each webinar, we invite you to submit in advance any questions pertinent to the three topics above at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your questions will be shared with the expert speakers in advance of each webinar and will be used to inform their initial briefings and following discussions.
Updated information on confirmed speakers will be published on this page as soon as possible.
- Webinar on technological aspects of LAWS: 26 October, 1300-1500 CET / 0800-1000 EDT
- Webinar on military aspects of LAWS: 27 October, 1300-1500 CET / 0800-1000 EDT
- Webinar on legal aspects of LAWS: 28 October, 1300-1500 CET / 0800-1000 EDT
- Webinar on technological aspects of LAWS:
- Prof. Vanina Martinez & Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez (University of Bueno Aires)
- Jane Pinelis (US Joint Artificial Intelligence Center)
- Barry O’Sullivan (University College Cork)
- Thomas Grohs (Airbus)
- Dr. Gabriele Rizzo (FUTURES Lab)
- Abhishek Gupta (Microsoft)
- Webinar on military aspects of LAWS:
- Vadim Kozyulin (PIR Center)
- Trisha Ray (Observer Research Foundation)
- Paul Scharre (Center for a New American Security)
- Netta Goussac (Stockholm International Peace Research Institute)
- Webinar on legal aspects of LAWS:
- Prof. Rain Liivoja (University of Queensland)
- Pia Devoto (Harvard Law School Program on International Law and Armed Conflict)
- Dr. Thompson Chengenta (University of Southampton)
PARTICIPANTS: We encourage the participation of representatives and experts working on or interested in issues pertaining to Lethal Autonomous Weapon Systems.
RSVP: Please register here. The link to access the webinars will be provided by email to registered participants one day prior to each event.