Convention on Cluster Munitions-Second Review Conference
The second part of the Second Review Conference of States Parties to the Convention on Cluster Munitions will take place on 20-21 September 2021 in a hybrid format (in-person + remote connection).
Organization of the meeting: This meeting will have three sessions a day: 10:00-12:00; 13:00-15:00 and 16:00- 18:00 CEST.
Modes of Participation: Delegationswill be able to participate and follow the meeting in person, or through the Interprefy platform, or through live webcast on UN TV. Delegates who plan on taking the floor should do so either in person, or through the Interprefy platform.
- In person participation: Given the social distancing measures in place at the United Nations Office at Geneva as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, in-person participation is limited to one delegate per delegation.
- Participation through Interprefy: This platform allows delegates to follow the meeting in all six official languages of the United Nations, and take the floor remotely with full interpretation of the six official languages. Each delegation will receive one connection, allowing for the participation of one user through Interprefy. Other delegates will follow through webcast.
- Live webcast: Other members of the delegation who do not plan on taking the floor but wish to follow the proceedings can do so through live webcast on http://webtv.un.org/, which will be available in all six official languages of the United Nations.
Registration: Registration for this meeting requires two parts: 1) through Note Verbale and 2) online registration on the Indico page.
1. Registration by Note Verbale: A Note Verbale with the details of the composition of the delegation to the second part of the Second Review Conference should be submitted to the CCM Secretariat at email@example.com by Wednesday 15 September 2021. In the NV, please specify who will participate in person and who will participate remotely, and therefore require access to Interprefy. These Note Verbales will also be used to revise the provisional List of Participants prepared for the first part of the Second Review Conference in November. Kindly note that due to personnel shortage the office will not be in a position to accommodate last minute requests before the start of the meeting.
2. Registration in Indico: The delegates who will participate in-person, as well as the delegate who will be participating through Interprefy are requested to also register on the Indico page: https://indico.un.org/event/35466/ by Wednesday 15 September 2021. Kindly note that a NV is requested when signing up in Indico. Please indicate your personal email address (i.e. not a generic Mission/delegation email address), so that a personalized Inteprefy link will be shared prior to the meeting. This link cannot be forwarded to others. Participants are encouraged to join the meeting earlier and test their connection from 9am each day. Attached please find the recommended practices for participants in remote meetings, which each participant is expected to follow. Kindly note that due to personnel shortage the office will not be in a position to accommodate last minute requests before the start of the meeting.
The Secretariat kindly asks to be informed of any speakers under agenda item 7 “Reaffirming the determination to put an end to the suffering caused by cluster munitions” as well as of their level. This information should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than by Wednesday 15 September 2021.
Silence Procedure (June 2021): Following the general improvement of the COVID-19 health situation and the resumption of in-person conferencing activities at the Palais des Nations, States Parties agreed that the second part of the Second Review Conference will take place in hybrid format on 20 and 21 September 2021 at the Palais des Nations in Geneva, Switzerland.