Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons – Seventh Review Conference
1. Opening of the Conference by the Chairman of the third session of the
2. Election of the President of the Conference.
3. Statement by the President of the Conference.
4. Address by the Secretary-General of the United Nations.
5. Address by the Director-General of the International Atomic Energy Agency.
6. Submission of the final report of the Preparatory Committee.
7. Adoption of the rules of procedure.
8. Election of Chairmen and Vice-Chairmen of the Main Committees, the Drafting
Committee and the Credentials Committee.
9. Election of Vice-Presidents.
10. Credentials of representatives to the Conference:
(a) Appointment of the Credentials Committee;
(b) Report of the Credentials Committee.
11. Confirmation of the nomination of the Secretary-General.
12. Adoption of the agenda.
13. Programme of work.
14. Adoption of arrangements for meeting the costs of the Conference.
15. General debate.
16. Review of the operation of the Treaty:*
(a) Implementation of the provisions of the Treaty relating to
non-proliferation of nuclear weapons, disarmament and international
peace and security:
(i) Articles I and II and preambular paragraphs 1 to 3;
(ii) Article VI and preambular paragraphs 8 to 12;
(iii) Article VII, with specific reference to the main issues in (a)
(b) Security assurances:
(i) United Nations Security Council resolutions 255 (1968)
and 984 (1995);
(ii) Effective international arrangements to assure non-nuclear-
weapon States against the use or threat of use of nuclear
(c) Implementation of the provisions of the Treaty relating to non-
proliferation of nuclear weapons, safeguards and nuclear-weapon-free
(i) Article III and preambular paragraphs 4 and 5, especially in
their relationship to article IV and preambular paragraphs
6 and 7;
(ii) Articles I and II and preambular paragraphs 1 to 3 in their
relationship to articles III and IV;
(iii) Article VII;
(d) Implementation of the provisions of the Treaty relating to the inalienable
right of all Parties to the Treaty to develop research, production and use
of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes without discrimination and in
conformity with articles I and II:
(i) Articles III (3) and IV, preambular paragraphs 6 and 7,|
especially in their relationship to article III (1), (2) and (4) and
preambular paragraphs 4 and 5;
(ii) Article V;
(e) Other provisions of the Treaty.
17. Role of the Treaty in the promotion of non-proliferation of nuclear weapons and
of nuclear disarmament in strengthening international peace and security
and measures aimed at strengthening the implementation of the Treaty and
achieving its universality.
18. Reports of the Main Committees.
19. Consideration and adoption of Final Document(s).
20. Any other business.
* See NPT/CONF.2005/31.