Convention on Cluster Munitions-Meeting of States Parties
The Eighth Meeting of States Parties of the Convention on Cluster Munitions will take place from 3 to 5 September 2018 in Geneva, at the Palais des Nations, Conference Room XVIII. Pursuant to the decision of the First Review Conference and to the provisions of General Assembly resolution 70/54, the United Nations convened these meetings by note verbale:
An invitation letter was also addressed to relevant International Organizations.
- If you do not already have a United Nations grounds pass, you need to register for the 8MSP in the online indico system. Please note that you will need to attach the note verbale or letter, including your name on the list of your delegation, as a mandatory document while registering on-line. If you forget to attach the requested document, the system will reject your registration . Instructions are available for reference. Recommended browsers are Firefox, Chrome and Microsoft Edge. For any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the application has been approved in Indico, you will receive via e-mail an e-ticket / QR code. A grounds pass valid for the duration of the Meeting of States Parties will be available for collection from the Pass and Identification Unit at the Pregny Gate of the Palais des Nations. Participants are advised to come to the Pregny Gate well in advance to allow enough time for security checks. United Nations grounds passes can be collected from the Pass and Identification Unit at the Pregny Gate of the Palais des Nations. The e-ticket / QR code and valid passport or national identification card, will have to be produced in order to collect the grounds pass.
- Please read the information note issued by the Secretariat.
- By note verbale dated 6 August 2018, Nicaragua appointed Mr. Carlos Morales Dávila to preside the Eighth Meeting of States Parties.
- Note verbale from the Permanent Mission of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka submitting its nomination for the Presidency of the Ninth Meeting of the States Parties to the Convention on Cluster Munitions
- Note Verbale from the Permanent Mission of Switzerland expressing its interest for the Presidency of the Second Review Conference of the Convention on Cluster Munitions.